Major companies have responded to last summer’s protests over racial equality by contributing to organizations and causes that seek to improve race relations in the United States.
Apple has donated time and resources to its Racial Equity and Justice Initiative, which focuses on “education, criminal justice reform, and economic equality.” And this month, in celebration of Black History Month, Apple released a limited-edition Black Unity Apple Watch, as well as free wallpaper and a watch face in the Black Unity colors.
If you’d like to celebrate Black History Month without spending $400 on a new Apple Watch, here’s how to download and install Apple’s Unity watch face and wallpaper on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
Download the Black Unity Wallpaper
Watch page, click Find Out More to open a pop-up menu about the Black Unity collection. Scroll down to the Unity on Display section, then select Get Wallpaper under Mac, iPad, or iPhone to install wallpaper on your respective device.
apple.com/watch in the Safari browser, tap Get Wallpaper underneath iPhone or iPad.
Apple Watch Wallpaper
ordered from Apple. The watch face is now available for the Series 3 and up Apple Watch, and can be added and tweaked from the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Open the Watch app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Face Gallery icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Find and select the Black Unity theme and tap the Add button.
- Tap the My Watch icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe to the end of the list of watch faces to see the Black Unity theme.
- Swipe left or right on your current watch face until you reach the Black Unity theme.