As previously reported, Cassie Randolph filed last week for a restraining order against Colton Underwood.
On Monday, meanwhile, a judge granted Cassie’s application, releasing new details behind Randolph’s troubling allegations against her ex-boyfriend in the process.
First, this is what the order of protection decrees:
The 28-year-old former Bachelor lead must stay at least 100 yards away from Cassie, her home, her car and workplace at all times.
Underwood is also banned from having “contact, either directly or indirectly, in any way” with his former lover.
The order is in place until October 6, at which time the pair is expected to appear at a court hearing and the order will be revisited.
As also previously reported, Randolph asked for these rules to be put in place because Underwood allegedly stalked her (showing up at her house and her parents’ place uninvited) and even planted a tracking device on her car.
Scary stuff if true, right?
One night, according to Cassie, Colton was seen by Randolph’s brother and friends in the alley outside of her bedroom window at 2 a.m.
Underwood also “watches Ms. Randolph’s apartment in Los Angeles,” and reportedly told friends that “he goes on multiple walks a day to Ms. Randolph’s apartment building.”
Randolph told the court she feels “fearful for her safety.”
Cassie also said in her legal documents that Colton sent her an endless array of text messages this summer, accusing her of being back with an ex-boyfriend.
Via a number of messages sent in June, the Season 23 star claimed his ex was “a selfish person who isn’t ready to be loved” and was “shady.”
He later apologized, telling Randolph he was “lost.”
These texts have now been made public.
“It’s crazy to think we used to be in a position of love,” Underwood wrote to Randolph at the time, adding:
“I ask myself all the time how someone who I loved and loved me could do the things they do and say the things they do.”
Elsewhere, Underwood “repeatedly” sent lengthy messages to Randolph’s closest pals and allegedly used “alias phone numbers” to keep tabs on his ex… anonymously.
“I have a million questions and all of them I don’t know if I want the answers to,” Underwood pleaded with Randolph in July, as evidenced by this filing.
“My heart hurts a lot right now and I miss my best friend, my lover and the one person I never expected to lose.”
“I’ve grown so much with you so far and had a list of things I was looking forward to talking to you about over dinner tomorrow.”
The messages continued: “Anyways, I only want the best for you and all of these feelings Are coming from a place of love.”
In response to this message, Randolph said she would always “really care” about Colton.
She said that no matter what happened, she hoped that they could reach a point of “being cool with each other.”
We just learned that Colton and Cassie were actually planning to star in a post-breakup reality show together… so things must have been somewhat cool at some point this spring or summer.
But then it took a dark turn.
We can’t say why or exactly when this occurred.
“After the breakup, Cassie wanted to be friends, and she thought they were on good terms,” a People Magazine source says.
“Then the text messages and the frightening behavior started. Cassie was just terrified about how he was acting.”
Randolph addressed why she was frightened in her request for a restraining order.
She said Underwood “has admitted to a few mutual friends and coworkers that he placed the tracker on [her] car.”
She said he admitted he used the alias phone numbers to send the anonymous text messages to [Randolph], himself, and others.”
Underwood had been in Colorado for about a month and recently returned to California.
“When she found out he was coming back in town, she was scared and felt she needed to pursue legal help,” the source tells People, adding that Randolph harbors no “ill will.”
This insider says Cassie just “wants [Underwood] to get whatever help he needs.”